Information and Referral
The Adoption Center responds to calls, emails, and letters from prospective adoptive parents. Families who request information can receive, by email or mail, "Frequently Asked Questions Booklet" about adoption and a resource list of adoption agencies specific to their state.
You can learn:
- Who Can Adopt?
- How Long Will It Take to Adopt?
- What Will It Cost to Adopt?
- How Can I Begin the Adoption Process?
Connecting... AdoptMatch Bringing Families and Agencies Together
Often the most challenging part of the adoption process for a family is to find the right agency and feel welcome. The National Adoption Center recently launched a unique online service, AdoptMatch...Bringing Families and Agencies Together, www.adoptmatch.org where prospective adoptive families can:
- Register their family profile and be electronically matched with the most appropriate agency or agencies that meet their family's needs
- Read current, accurate information about adoption agency services
- Check parent reviews of agency services
How Families Benefit:
- Saves a family time finding the most appropriate agency
- Offers peer support and information from other families
- Considers underserved communities; i.e. Single, LGBT, African American, families with disabilities, Spanish speaking
How Agencies Benefit:
- Provides a new channel to recruit families and increase referrals
- Increases agency visibility to prospective adopters
This is a FREE service available to families and adoption agencies. We encourage adoption agencies to register at www.adoptmatch.org