Get an Adoption Education
The National Adoption Center expands adoption opportunities for children living in foster care throughout the United States, and provides adoption suppport to families and to agencies who seek the permanency of caring homes for children. To further our mission we are developing a complete, online family preparation training program -- The Adoption Roadmap -- for prospective adoptive and foster parents interested in receiving an adoption education. Our intention is that those who have been thinking of adoption, those who work in the adoption and foster care field, and other professionals who work with those whose lives have been touched by adoption, may learn via this series of interactive courses. Follow this link for more information about the entire series of courses entitled, Foster Family to Forever Family
Foster Family to Forever Family is the first course avaliable for purchase. Click here to take our course. This link will connect you to the website of our partner, Adoption Learning Partners.
Topics Covered in Foster Family to Forever Family:
- The benefits for children, families and society of adopting your foster child
- Understanding what your state permits
- The importance of a support system
- The seven steps of the adoption process
- Getting the help you need to guide you and your child in making the transition from foster to adopt
- Discussing adoption with your social worker
There is also an extensive glossary, a list of adoption-related websites,
and a section on famous people whose lives were touched by adoption.
- Prospective adoptive parents
- Foster parents who want to adopt their foster child or children
- Adoption agencies and social workers
- Other professionals: teachers, lawyers, doctors or anyone working with adoptive families and their children
Our learners may:
- Purchase and complete this program online
- Work around a flexible schedule
- Stop and start course as the learner wishes
We are offering states and agencies the ability to...
- Provide the program to their own families and staff members
- Personalize and localize the course to suit their needs
- Certify families have completed preparation for adoption training
- Certify professionals have completed training in the adoption process
Through our learning management system, NAC has the ability to report on...
- Course completions
- Learner satisfaction
- Factors impacting program completion
- Performance compared to thenational average
Additional benefits of NAC's Foster Family to Forever Family:
- Designed to do more than drive course completions
- Engages learners in the process; as much a conversation as information
- Includes printable materials to share with the learner’s family and adoption professionals
- NAC supports learners through process and beyond
- One, reliable and reputable resource to guide learners step-by-step through the adoption lifecycle
For group purchasing or other information contact the Program Manager, Alexandra, at 215.735.9988, ext 353 or click here to email her.